Forest Escape from
Wondering how to spend that extra day in Quito? Venture out into the subtropical rainforest for a combination of guided hiking in a forest reserve, relaxing by busy hummingbird feeders, and eating hearty meals from a circular restaurant dome with mountaintop views. You’ll cross over the equator, experience great roadside scenery, eat breakfast, go on a 2-2.5 hour guided hike, enjoy lunch with a view and have the option of hiking on your own or enjoying some relaxation at Bellavista Cloud Forest Reserve in the afternoon before heading back to Quito. This day trip to Bellavista is a spectacular way to experience the forest, learn about natural history of this area, see colorful birds and other surprising creatures. And so close to Quito!
For serious birders, we can travel out via the famous Nono-Tandayapa-Mindo road, arriving at Bellavista for a later lunch (please inquire).
- Round trip transport to and from most Quito hotels. (Transfers to and from Tababela Airport or nearby airport hotels extra.)
- Breakfast and lunch
- Naturalist-guided hike within the reserve
- 6:30am (or earlier)- 5:00pm (Can be flexible)
- 10.5 hours
- Your hotel in Quito (any Quito hotel from Central to Northern Quito, or from a host family home).
What to Bring:
- Quick dry clothing or rain poncho
- Sweater or fleece, just in case
- Walking/hiking shoes (rubber boots provided, if needed)
- Binoculars (available for rent)
- Water bottle
- 1 Person $132 USD per person