Roots of Creole Culture,
The day starts with a tour through the historic and culturally rich Treme neighborhood where cultures from multiple continents blended to form the music and art that define New Orleans today. The park is located right next to the French Quarter and our tour guide and local musician, Kone, will lead you through Congo Square and St. Augustine Church. Follow it up with a Creole or Cajun lunch at one of several classic restaurants then head out for a visit to Whitney Plantation, a former sugar plantation that’s now a museum dedicated to telling the story of the African slave trade and what life was like for the people who worked on these plantations. An amazing day that will give you a deeper understanding of New Orleans culture.
- Guided 2 Hour Walking Tour of the historic Treme Neighborhood (Driving Tour available, $40 added. Call for booking.)
- Guided 1.5 Hour Walking Tour of Whitney Plantation
- Local trip leader provides attentive service and expert insights throughout the day
- Convenient personal Pick-Up/Drop-Off and transportation between all activities
- 9:00am- 4:30pm
- 7.5 hours duration
- Meet at Armstrong Park in the morning. Drop off at your hotel in New Orleans at the conclusion of the tour.
What to Bring:
- $159 USD